South Beach Diet vs. Paleo – which diet is best? Well, both the South Beach Diet and the Paleo diet have become very popular in recent years, as more and more people experience amazing weight loss results following both diet plans.
Each one brings something new to the table, and both can be very effective in helping people reach their weight loss.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at both diets closely, so you can decide which one is best for you.
Paleo or South Beach Diet?
Unlike the Atkins and South Beach diets, you don’t have to regulate carbs to drop weight on the Paleolithic diet.
Weight loss plans that limit or remove meat and poultry and focus attention on grains and legumes are primarily lower in certain more-digestible nutrients, which can in turn, result in other deficiencies in over the long haul.
That said, the South Beach Diet isn’t overy strict when it comes to carbs, but they do limit them in a sense.
Even though it is more of a “low-carb” option, it still isn’t as intense keto or some of the other ultra low carb options out there.
1. South Beach Diet
PRICE: Check Current Price
The South Beach Diet (read our review here) has been around for years now, and they recently launched a meal delivery service, so now losing weight with their program is easier than ever.
It operates on three basic principles:
- Fast Weight Loss: Order the food, follow the plan, and lose weight. It’s a simple as that.
- Safe & Healthy: Foods built around a heart-healthy menu, and “good” fats that keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Easy & Flexible: They keep everything simple and to the point. It’s also not overly-strict, so you can easily fit it into your lifestyle.
What You Get After Signing Up
A full month’s worth of delicious pre-made meals that are designed to help you lose the most weight. You will also get an easy-to-follow blueprint to make everything super easy.
If you need additional tips, they also have a free app that makes everything even easier – it’s going to be your go-to resource if you sign up for the diet.
On top of all that, you get free FedEx shipping on all of your orders, which means your food arrives fast and you don’t have worry about shelling out extra money for postage every month.
How the South Beach Diet Works
The South Beach plan is based on years of research, that has found that eating smaller meals throughout the day is better for losing weight and maintaining it, vs eating a couple of huge meals.
On the South Beach Diet, you will eat 6 times per day. This includes a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and also 3 small snacks.
You will also mix in fresh fruits and veggies, which will also help you learn what it takes to make healthy meals and snacks on your own.
They also build in more flexibility by giving you the option of adding a DIY meal each week. Don’t worry, they provide a guide that helps you prepare delicious and healthy recipes at home, or how to pick the best meals when dining out, so they’ve got your back either way!
Who Should Choose South Beach Diet?
If you’re looking for a convenient, healthy, and super effective way to lose weight, then the South Beach Diet may be the best option for you. With their meal delivery service, weight loss is easier than ever – just eat their food, follow the plan, and watch the weight fall off!
If you’re looking for any of the following with your diet plan, then South Beach Diet is worth considering:
- SUSTAINABLE: Learn to Keep the Weight Off After Reaching Phase 3
The Paleo Diet doesn’t currently have an official meal delivery service, although there are some programs out there that can send you “Paleo-Friendly” meal plans.
For that reason, we can’t really give an exact cost for the diet, but there are a bunch of books and guides available that can help you get started on your Paleo journey.
After that, the cost will depend on how much you spend at the grocery store, and we all know that can be upwards of $500, $600, or even more per month. I know my grocery bill is pretty darn expensive these days!
Even so, the Paleo Diet is highly effective at helping people lose weight, get healthy, and develop an eating plan that they can stick with over the long haul.
How Paleo Works
The Paleolithic diet is based around some pretty basic prinicples, that when followed correctly, lead to some pretty amazing weight loss results for many people.
They are as follows:
- Protein Rich Diet: Figures are going to vary, but in most cases, the paleo diet features between 20 and 30% protein. Compare that to the 15% protein that makes up the typical American diet.
- Low Carb: Paleo doesn’t limit carbs completely, but it is much lower in carbohydrates than what most of us are used to eating. On top of that, you’re going to stick with foods that are low on the glycemic index, which should help keep blood sugar levels more normal. If you go Paleo, most of your carbs will come from non-starchy fruits and veggies.
- High Fiber: Paleo is a fiber-rich diet. Again, most of this will come in the form of non-starchy fruits and veggies.
- Higher Fat: We’ve been told for years that fats aren’t healthy, and we should avoid them. Is the “low-fat” epidemic partially responsible for the epic weight gain in America? That’s a debate for another day, but as many people are starting to discover, fats aren’t as scary as previously taught. The big thing, though, is what type of fat you’re eating. For Paleo, you’re going to be sticking with monounsaturated and Omega-3 fats.
- Potassium Rich: Your potassium intake is going to go up naturally, because of all the fresh, unprocessed foods you’ll be enjoying. This is great news for your heart, kidneys, and other organs.
- Low Sodium: Eating fresh, unprocessed foods is going to lower sodium intake.
What Do You Eat?
All of this sounds great, but what kind of healthy, unproccessed foods are you going to be eating if you go Paleo?
Your menu can vary, and obviously each book or guide is going to have different recipes for you follow, but here are some of the basic foods you’re going to find on most Paleo menus:
- Healthy Fats & Oils
- Fresh Herbs & Spices
Is Paleo Right for You?
If you’re looking for a healthy and proven way to lose weight, then the Paleo plan may be right for you. The only downside I can think of when compared to the South Beach Diet meal delivery plan is that it is probably going to be quite a bit more expensive to eat Paleo, but it may be possible for the savvy, budget-conscious shopper to cut down on some of these expenses.
That said, if a plan that revolves around clean, healthy eating appeals to you, then you may want to check out Paleo:
Both the South Beach and Paleo Diets have been proven to be effective in helping people lose weight, and they each bring their own set of positives and negatives to the table.
If you’re wondering which one to go with, be sure to take a close look at each to determine which one is going to fit your lifestyle and food preference.
Our Top Pick? South Beach Diet…
Personally, I have had a lot of success with the South Beach Diet, so they’re one of the first programs I recommend.
Right now is a great time to join too, so be sure to check out the link below to learn more: